The George Washington Scholarship Essay Contest
The George Washington Scholarship Essay Contest is a feature of the club’s annual George Washington Day Banquet. Students are asked to write an essay of no more than 500 words regarding the legacy of George Washington and his impact on the lives of people today. The essay should be submitted to [email protected] no later than midnight on February 12, 2020. The winner will be recognized at the banquet.
- Banquet date is Monday 02/24/2020. The Scholarship recipient will be recognized and have 2 complimentary seats for the banquet. (Black tie is NOT required for these guests. Nice dinner attire is recommended.)
- There will be ONE recipient. The funds are directed to any qualified post-secondary institution. The funds will be administered by the Community Foundation of Central Illinois.
- Entrants must be legal residents of either Peoria County, Tazewell County, or Woodford County and be graduating seniors.
- Entries must be submitted by 12:00 midnight 02/12/2020. Essays are to be submitted to The Creve Coeur Club of Peoria at [email protected]
- This is a written essay to show critical thinking about George Washington and his legacy and impact on current life today. The winning essay will be judged by a panel chosen by the Creve Coeur Club. There are no limits to the essay above maximum number of words, 500. Desirable factors of the essay include creative expression of ideas, critical analysis, and knowledge of George Washington and contemporary and future American society. Accuracy with dates, details and proper grammar will also be critical factors. Decision of the judges is final.
If you have any questions, please contact Andrea at [email protected].